Since 1986, the “Building for Tomorrow” Leadership Development Program has been working to develop tools and training products aimed at enhancing the leadership and professional development of Pennsylvania’s conservation districts.
Sponsored by the Pennsylvania Conservation Partnership, the “Building For Tomorrow” Leadership Development Committee includes: conservation district directors; conservation district managers; the State Conservation Commission; the Pennsylvania Association of Conservation Districts; the Department of Environmental Protection; the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture; the USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service; Penn State Cooperative Extension; and the DEP Conservation District Field Representatives. The Committee evaluates the leadership and professional development training needs of conservation districts; looks for funding and training opportunities; develops products and tools for use by conservation district directors and staff; and offers statewide, regional and local training and consultative assistance.
- Ron Rohall (Chairman), Westmoreland County Conservation District, Director
- Robert Robinson, Wyoming County Conservation District, Director
- Janet Lauer, Allegheny County Conservation District, Manager
- Michelle Ulmer, Pike County Conservation District, Admin Manager
- Robert Maiden, PA Association of Conservation Districts
- Paul Craig, Penn State Cooperative Extension
- Nancy DiFiore, Natural Resource Conservation Service
- Bill Zett, DEP Field Representative
- Karl G. Brown, State Conservation Commission
- Johan E. Berger, State Conservation Commission
- Karen Books, DEP Bureau of Conservation & Restoration
- Mike Lovegreen, Bradford County Conservation District, PA Leadership Development Program Coordinator